All images used in the following pendants were cut from Collage sheets printed by Alpha Stamps, which fit perfectly into Nunn Design pendants. Look for craft punches that also fit the pendants exactly to make these projects super simple and foolproof. You can generate your own wording on your computer or use words from the word collage sheet. Birds Collage sheets are available where Nunn Design Pendants are sold. Doming pendants with EasyCast epoxy magnifies the image, brightens colors and ads depth that only a two-component epoxy can do. Preferred by professionals for its easy of use, fast & easy bubble release, water-clear clarity, and high doming capabilities. EasyCast is a low odor, solvent-free, non-shrinking formula available at leading craft and art stores!
- Cut and fit paper pieces into pendant cavities.
- Apply white glue to the back of paper pieces, then place it into pendants. Allow the glue to dry.
- Seal paper pieces with two coats of white glue. Allow the glue to dry clear between coats.
- Mix two ounces of EasyCast epoxy according to the manufacture’s instructions. Fill pendant cavity full to form a slight dome. Avoid overfilling. Let cure per EasyCast instructions.
- Attach to your chosen chain or cord.
Marie Browning Professional Tips:
- You will experience the best results when working in a dust-free room with a temperature of 75º to 80º F (24º to 27º C). Your work surface should be clean, level and protected with wax paper.
- Use a stir stick to control the flow of EasyCast into your pendants. You can also use a plastic disposable pipette (used by soap and candle makers) or small squeeze bottles with a funnel-shaped “Yorker” cap for easy filling. Overfill your pieces ever so slightly, so your pieces will cure with a nice domed top. If you overflow the pendant too much, simply let the epoxy cure, then cut or sand the excess from the pendant.
- Furniture or automotive polish prolongs the life of cured epoxy surfaces and helps to decrease smudges, fingerprints, and scratches. Apply a thin coat with a cloth and buff as required.